Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sep 16, 2010

I went to school early to take photos for the basis of my website. I decided to use a Mac screen and post-its for the main screen and buttons. I like the way the photo came out. I spent some time setting up the site after that until it was time for class.

It was probably the most unproductive class yet in Art Since 1945. We went over some basic information about Pollock and DuChamp but we somehow managed to stray off topic every few minutes and never really got back on topic by the time the class was over.

In between classes I worked on the site some more and had some lunch. In Web, we critiqued for the entire class. I like the way my site ended up coming out. There are a few things I need to change or tweak but overall it's pretty good.

After class I went down to the gallery opening for Max Streicher's "Heavy Breathing, Sleeping Giants." People arrived slowly while we enjoyed the awesome food. They had little sandwiches, quiche, spinach bites and artichoke dip. They never have food that good.

After a while of people milling around and eating, there was a guest speaker to talk about the creation of large scale works like this one. The presentation was pretty interesting and amazing as it began to pour outside and thunder quite loudly.

I made my way through the rain to the High Street Gallery where Joanna and a few others were setting up their work at the time when the show was supposed to be starting.

It was a last minute setup and it didn't seem that a lot of people would be coming so they plan to have a closing. I got to check out some of the work that would be there as it went up.

I picked up Shannon and Katie and went to PYT in Philly for the It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia premiere party.

We started off having some wine in a can. I had white while Shannon went with red. If you aren't familiar with the show, wine in a can is just one of the things they were having at the premiere that appeared on the show. We had a few beers inside and then went looking for flip cup.

The Flipadelphia tournament was going on outside, where this guy was pouring Riot Punch into the glasses and officiating the game. Riot Punch, which is just a combination of alcohol and not much more, is a bad idea to play this game with.

We played two games, winning the first and then losing the second... but then we joined in again shortly after for two more games which we won another one of! We were pretty good though and Katie and Shannon did some good chugging! Flip, Flip, Flipadelphia! Everyone was chanting that over and over and it never got old.

We went inside where we watched several episodes of It's Always Sunny on the bar TVs. It was a fun atmosphere to watch it in. The rest of the night at the bar got a little hairy and I'll leave the details out of it. We did have a really good time though.

We went back to Shannon's place for a while, where we had something to eat and watched some TV before sleeping briefly and then heading home.

No comments: