Saturday, September 4, 2010

Sep 4, 2010

I went to the Golden Pigeon for breakfast in the morning with Renea and Barrett. We all got omelets because we were really feeling some serious food. I got a Mexican omelet because I felt that I needed something with salsa on it. It was a tasty breakfast.

The backyard show that I thought I was going to was starting much later than advertised so I didn't have anything to do. I went through some photos and tried to get some things organized around the house and then later went to the course for a run. I ran around the lake twice and then went sat on the edge taking photos and watching the sunset.

I went to Opiefest later. It's a fundraiser for a local family with local metal bands playing. The first band I saw was really good. I had a few beers and hung out with Davonne, who used to play in this particular band. If you can't really tell, everyone was moshing in the dirt.

The next band that played had mostly the same members but they played cover songs, mainly Flogging Molly. They were good but got the plug pulled on them and the cops were telling people they had to leave. I guess that's what happens when you play loud metal music late at night in a development. We socialized after that. Jake was there and I made friends with a handful of other people. Everyone there was really nice.

I went to Geets with Davonne after everyone dispersed at the show to get some food. She only had fries but I had some real food, a huge tuna melt. I ended up taking half of it home with me.

The night ended up being a lot of fun. I wasn't sure what to expect but then I remembered I like metal music live and diners late at night.

No comments: