Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sep 21, 2010

I went to Rowan early again to work on homework and then had my weekly meeting with Keith to show him the images I'm using for my book. He gave me some good suggestions on how to organize it and then I went to get some food before we met again.

For our little Portrait group Keith took us outside to talk about natural light and then we went into the men's bathroom to look at diffused light through the window. Alex was our model. It's good lighting.

We had Web next and we did some demos and then spent the rest of the class working on things and trying to get stuff to work. It wasn't going so well. It's starting to get frustrating. I hope I can get these things working soon. I have about a week before it's due.

After class I went around to the Seward Johnson sculptures on campus to shoot them in interesting ways for possible inclusion in the reception they are having in a few weeks. I took some that were decent but some are just hard to work with.

This was one of our images at Quizzo. It's Lindsey Lohan and Chuck said, "Oh yeah, because of the ankle bracelet." That was just the first of quite a few hilarious things that happened. There was some question about methane being the most prevalent gas on Venus and we joked about Uranus before a later question turned up asking if methane was found on Uranus. And finally, after the question of which celebrity was arrested for selling bongs on the internet was answered as Tommy Chong, the woman behind our table said, "Well, that was a joint effort.." A Joint effort. It was a good quiz.. but we missed third place by ten points. Damn Happy Burgermeisters.

After the quiz I took Heather home and went home to watch new TV shows.

No comments: