Monday, September 27, 2010

Sep 27, 2010

I went to Westby early in the rain, just not as early as I planned. I tried to work on some type things but I didn't get a lot done before the Gallery meeting. I think we actually got somewhere this time in the meeting and landed on something of a direction that we want to head with the book. I don't wanna give anything away so you'll have to join the Gallery or wait for the book.. or later posts.

In Typography Jan looked at some of our sketches and on-screen designs. She actually liked a few of mine but I guess overall the class wasn't progressing the way she had hoped so she stopped the crit and we started doing some sketching exercises by tracing type and working with our title and author only instead of the body of the text.

I can honestly say that doing that exercise made me think about it in a different way. It's hard to go to that method after working on the computer but it definitely takes you in a different direction. I liked some of my ideas even though one of mine was compared to a third grader's work by Jan.

I was not in the mood to stick around school so I headed home and had some food then went to see my grandmom for a bit and ran to the grocery store for her. She's doing much better for anyone who is curious. I came home and watched new House, Chuck and How I Met Your Mother. Yes, another productive evening. I'm planning on doing some real work tomorrow. Seriously.

No comments: