Thursday, September 2, 2010

Sep 2, 2010

Day two of classes started with a longer-than-necessary explanation of Art Since 1945, an "art history" course that is being taught a little differently because of the obvious trouble with deciding what art is relevant without historical context. It should be a good class though.

I had a long break, during which Brian and I walked to Wawa for food and then to the High Street Gallery where Alex wasn't! It was hot out and we walked all the way back to Westby to get into the air conditioning and eat our food. I had my first Web Design class as well, where we went over the syllabus and discussed why certain websites worked and others didn't. This one on my screen didn't. If you could see the little graphics moving it would drive you crazy.

I went home for a while and then came back up to the Landmark later where I met Andrew, Mike and Josh. We had some drinks and fries at our table and then other people started showing up.

Shannon showed up with a friend who gave me her Long Island Iced Tea because she was too drunk already. It was tasty. Alex showed up after a while as well. We wandered around the bar, drank and did some dancing. We went into "The Spot" for a good three minutes before it was too annoying and opted to dance in the bar instead.

Andrew, Alex and I went back to her room, which was Andrew's room last year! I thought it was great that the only two times I've been to townhouse apartments it's in the exact same room with different occupants. Alex played some guitar which sounded really good even though she was a little drunk.

We went up to her friends' apartment and her friend made really good eggs. Spicy. After a while the excitement died down and I said goodnight and headed home.

No comments: