Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sep 25, 2010

We called off hiking since everything was so far away and we had a time limit for the day so we went and got blueberry pancakes at Prof's and planned to go see a movie. Forrest Gump was on one of the TVs while we were eating and it made me want to see that.

We got back too late to get to the movie we were going to see so we went out and took some photos along the train tracks. And balanced on them of course. It was pretty hot out so after walking around for a while we went back inside and watched The Breakfast Club. It's a great movie that I haven't watched in a long time.

I went home and went to the lake for sunset. I took a few pictures but I mainly just walked around enjoying the scenery for once. It was nice and calm out. The weather had finally cooled off and the breeze coming off the water was great.

I came home and gathered wood around the yard to get ready for the fire. There's still a good amount of firewood lying around from the tree falling down. I got it started just as people were showing up.

Steve and Jamie were in town for the weekend from Denver for his birthday so we had to hang out for a while. We had some beers and talked about the stupid stuff we used to do before we drank beers. I got Brooklyn Oktoberfest and it was really good.

Ryan and Erika joined us after a while and Ryan took over as the tender of the fire. I got to sit down for a while and enjoy it. I really like this picture. We were sending Sketch chasing the ball over the fence to keep him busy for a while as we avoided the smoke from the fire and quoted Arrested Development. Good times.

Once everyone had left I put the fire out and came inside and got right to sleep. Fire always makes me sleepy. As does beer. It was a lot of fun catching up with Steve though.

No comments: