Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sep 9, 2010

I actually got to class somewhat early this time.. earlier than Hottle always. We went over our reading and talked about the influence of psychoanalysis on art in the post-war era.

After class I went with Brian to get food and then worked on sketches for Typography which we critiqued for the majority of class. I forgot how long and tedious the critiques in Jenn's class can be. In the last fifteen minutes of class we started going over some relevant information.

After class I went to the first GSA meeting of the year. I wanted to go last year but I never did. This year it's at a very convenient time for me so I think I'll be able to make it. They do some cool things throughout the year and everyone in the club seems really friendly so I look forward to having some fun.

I went over to the High Street Gallery after the meeting for Alex's opening, "Studies." It's a collection of videos centering on college behaviors such as sex and alcohol. Some of the videos are interviews with accompanying images and others use clips spanning entire nights out at bars and clubs.

Chuck came up for the opening and I had him watch my favorite video about a night out at a local bar with Alex and her friends. The way the video was done was sporadic and showed only bits and pieces of conversations, drinking and dancing. It made me think of a memory, which was really cool. It was like the parts of a night you remember and other things are just blurry.

Alex did an awesome job with the show and we had a lot of fun hanging out and talking, catching up with people we haven't seen in a long time. Back into the swing of art openings!

I went to Renea's for her birthday party and found the fridge filled with beer even though there was a call for BYOB. I happily traded my Yuengling for some Sam Adams and Magic Hat Odd Notion.

We did some birthday shots (shots, shots, shots shots) of grape vodka. Tasted like a Skittle. It was a party. Nothing particularly crazy happened. We spent most of the time in the kitchen just drinking and talking and went outside sometimes because it was quite nice out.

We played some guitar in the basement. Drunk Renea is still much better than sober Don. I don't play guitar. I just strum it and hope it sounds okay.

While I was at the party Ryan offered me his sub job for the next day so I took it and then headed home to get some sleep.

No comments: