Thursday, April 8, 2010

Apr 8, 2010

After doing some shopping I went up to Rowan to help Katie with the finishing touches for her gallery installation. She had to make a few adjustments to her website and I helped with the descriptions of her groupings of pieces. This is one she did last semester and added to this year, which I think came out great.

I had Modern Art, where we spent much of the time talking about the governor and the education policies, and then Graphic Design, where I handed in my edited poster design. There were a lot of really good ones for this assignment.

We took a break to go to the opening, where I spent a lot of time shooting and trying to get to the food. Katie is standing next to her website which gives information on animal cruelty and alternatives to meat.

The opening was a success; there were a lot of people there for most of the night. The work was all really nicely done and there was good food. I had to go back to class at some point though, but I took some monkey bread with me!

After the opening and class were over, Katie, Olga, their cousins and myself went to Philly. We didn't know where to go but we stopped at The Continental for food.

It's a tapas style restaurant so everyone shared big plates. Katie and I just got wasabi mashed potatoes, which were delicious again.

After eating, we went to west Philly to attempt to find a bar. We found it, but we couldn't get in because of the minors in the group so we ran back to the car in the rain. We spent most of our time driving around.

We decided to get pretzels, but first, we went to The Friendly Lounge, which is a really small bar across from the pretzel factory, where Olga got her first legal drink... even though they didn't check her ID (which she forgot to bring anyway..) They didn't check anyone's IDs, which is the only reason they are all holding drinks.

The bar was pretty bad, I didn't get anything at all but after they finished we went to get our pretzels and ate them on the ride home. We really just did a lot of driving around and eating. Good times.

No comments: