Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Apr 21, 2010

Art History was unremarkable, of course, besides scheduling my final. I got food after class and went to Photojournalism where we presented our social issue assignment and I showed my D.C. images as well. Randy was dressed like this when we got to Sculpture. He wore it to present his artist of the week.

As part of another artist presentation, a game of Rock Em, Sock Em Robots was played complete with the boxing announcer. It was pretty hilarious. The idea was changing the meaning of something by putting in a different context than it might normally be seen.

We also looked at the box, which was awesome this week. It was a booby trap that started with pushing a button and having various Home Alone-esque contraptions along the way that made you follow the sequence around the box. When the last thing happened on the ground it triggered the lampshade to drop on your head if you were standing exactly where I was in the center of the room. It was great. Most entertaining box (and Sculpture class) of all semester.

I met my sister, grandmom and dad to go to Chili's for dinner. We settled on that place when I found out the place I wanted to go isn't as good anymore. We were not disappointed with what we got though. The corn chowder was amazing. For real.

I got a spicy pasta with veggies but I could have just eaten a giant bowl of that soup. Everyone else really enjoyed their food as well. Wish we had gift cards to Chili's now.... oh well! It was fun going out.

I spent the rest of the night working on things for Graphic Design with Katie. I touched up a few things on my poster to make it better based on people's critiques of it. It looks better now.

2 comments:

Mythology said...

Why do you take a picture of yourself at the end of every entry?

D.M. said...

I started it with the intention of doing this blog for a year and then putting all the photos together to see myself change. I did that but I continued past a year and it made sense to keep up the end of day picture!