Friday, April 23, 2010

Apr 23, 2010

I worked at the Senior High in the morning for an English class. They didn't give me too much trouble. I read a lot of my new Klosterman book (not the new one... though I want that one). I had coverage on my break, which is always annoying but I managed to get away long enough for lunch.

I didn't have much time after work before Dan met me at the house and we went to Hangar 84 to load in our gear. After load-in we left for a while and then came back with Chuck to find out when we played and all that.

We hung out in and around Jeff's car in the parking lot, waiting for our friends to show up so we could sell them their tickets but not many people came, including the ones who said they were going to be there... it happens. I did get a free cough drop though. Eventually we had to call it and head in to get ready.

We played to a crowd of about thirty probably. It just wasn't a big drawing show in general. We didn't play at our best, it was a little slow but we haven't practiced in a while either. At least there weren't many people to disappoint!

I was determined to have a good time playing whether there were a lot of people or not. And I did have a really good time, so I accomplished my goal.

I came back to my house with Chuck and watched the AG DVD that I got the other day. People began to show up and we hung out and had a few drinks until Katie got back with Cranium.

It always ends up being a fun time when we play that. My sister and a couple of her friends joined in as well. Chuck and Erika got a drawing clue where Erika had to draw "tea bag" and Chuck had to guess what she was drawing. His first guess was "the big dipper." I'll leave you with that.

Whenever there was a Club Cranium (where all the teams play at once), Ryan and Carissa would kick our asses. They just seemed to get it right away. The humming/whistling ones didn't always go as well...

Katie and I were on the fast track most of the way and we won! Everyone cheered. Not so much for us but for the fact that they could go to sleep now that it was over.. it was a somewhat long game of Cranium.

I cleaned up the living room a bit and then I was ready to go to sleep as well.

No comments: