Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Oct 9, 2013


I worked at Lakeside in a Gifted & Talented class. The best part of those classes is that I only have about 3 classes all day since the others are all special groups that come in when they're called. So I had a lot of time to watch Burn Notice and look up photo jobs online. After work, I spent some time lounging at home before I had to head to Baltimore. The sunset on the drive down was gorgeous, reflecting off the clouds and setting the sky on fire. It seemed like such a crazy, mundane thing to be driving on highway when such amazing beauty was burning overhead.


When I got to the show I stood outside trying to sell the extra ticket, but I went inside to see What's Eating Gilbert. They are pretty good, but I'm not their biggest fan. Not at Ram's Head anyway. I went back outside after they finished, coming back in for Bayside, who played their usual great set. A few songs were left out that I wanted to hear, but they still have such a fun energy that it didn't matter. Justin Pierre came out to sing Megan, which was a sweet surprise.


I went to the bar next door and had a Resurrection by Brewer's Art between bands. It was pretty good but overpriced. I went in to see Motion City Soundtrack play a really different and awesome set. It seemed like the crowd wasn't as into them, but after Bayside it's hard to get that energy back I suppose. They played a few songs I haven't heard in a while so that was cool. While I do love this band, it was a bit of a lackluster ending to the show. Still very enjoyable, but it just lost something after the switch. The drive home was long, dark, and sleepy. I saw strange things like a family walking along a dark two lane road by the river. It was weird. But I got home and in bed.

No comments: