Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Oct 16, 2013

It was another early morning at Merion Elementary School for portraits today. Lots of kids coming through very quickly without much of a break this time. There weren't really any problems, just the usual tedium of getting the kids to actually sit up and smile, while trying not to be rude to kids who have different smiles. One kid just would not smile, so I gave up on it and let his picture go looking like he just got punched in the stomach. It turned out his mom would not be happy about that one, but her kid is an idiot, so that's her problem. After we wrapped up for the day, I went back to the office for a brief graduation training session with Derrick. It was a quick run through, but I feel like I got the idea of what I need to do. (It's distorted because it's probably illegal to show his face..)


Once I got home and showered and changed it was out the door and right back to Philly with Chuck for Left Hand U Buy the Glass night at The Abbaye. We met Kate, Cody, and his friend there. They had the Polestar Pils, which is always great, the 400 Pound Monkey, Milk Stout, and one I'd never had before called Ambidextrous Ale Step 3 - Great Juju. That one was fantastic. My favorite of the night. I got the seitan cheesesteak because the vegan lasagna was sold out (damn!) That's not a problem really, because the cheesesteak is one of my favorites they have. We had a good night and Chuck won a shirt in the raffle so bully for him! After we left the bar we stopped in at the Foodery to pick up a few beers to bring home.


No comments: