Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Oct 29, 2013

I worked as a French teacher at Lakeside today. We watched Shrek in French, and the kids kept asking why we were watching in that language... Yeah. The classes weren't too bad mostly, but a few got annoying. I was happy to be done. I went to play disc golf with Kate after I got changed. It was a really nice day and I had some good drives, but I wasn't putting very well. My game is always inconsistent. It was nice to be outside though.


Later I headed up to Philly to see Emery at the Troc Balcony. I sat in the car for a bit listening to a podcast while I waited. I saw Phil at the door since he still works there so we talked briefly and then I headed upstair to the small balcony stage. It seemed like a whole different room when it's filled with people waiting for a band to play. It turned out to be the perfect size room and the crowd was a lot of fun. Emery played The Weak's End from front to back, playing some of my favorite songs of theirs. It was so much fun hearing those songs and getting into with everyone. Not to mention it seems like on every tour they do there is no Philly/NJ date for some reason. No idea why. This show just made me want to see the play another tour with mixed songs as well as just see more bands at small shows.


No comments: