Friday, October 4, 2013

Oct 4, 2013



I went up to North Jersey to meet Nicole, the girl who hired me to second shoot a wedding. She gave me the wrong address so I ended up at the bride's house where she was. She gave me the right address, but the wrong spelling so I ended up at the wrong place again. Eventually I found the groom's house and got some shots of the guys getting ready. I still had plenty of time. They weren't really my kind of people, so I waited outside after I got the shots I needed. The bridal party came over for the first look and then they left together in the bus.


We went to a nearby park and took shots in front of the building, on the bridge, and in a field. It was strange shooting close ups and candids of people while someone else took the lead. I was trying to get good shots myself while finding good angles that Nicole wasn't shooting.


We went to the beach and took some shots outside with the palm trees. This place was really nice. They had the ceremony area set up outside and a separate dining room downstairs for the cocktail hour before going upstairs for the reception. The ceremony was very nice. It was short, which is always preferable.


During cocktail hour I had some food and took a few shots of people hanging around. I went upstairs to get ready for the reception and shot the details like the awesome cake toppers. I definitely liked the overall style that this couple went for.


The reception itself was more like a night club after dinner was over. The DJ was playing a lot of dance music and modern stuff rather than the hackneyed set list that most weddings are plagued by. That was a nice change of pace. I always feel strange sitting down or not shooting at a wedding, but Nicole made me feel much more comfortable knowing that there wasn't anything to shoot sometimes. I even had a chance to get a Sam Adams Summer Ale. Toward the end of the night I transferred the photos to my laptop and gave Nicole my SD card and then began the long drive home. I think I like second shooting weddings. No worry about editing a bunch now, I'm just done.

No comments: