Saturday, October 26, 2013

Oct 26, 2013

I slept as long as I could in the morning and met the crew downstairs for a quick breakfast. I finished getting dressed and dragged all my gear downstairs to the truck and we headed to the arena. There was a lot of traffic coming into the parking garage when we got there so we jumped out early and took the gear in while Derrick parked. Our setup wasn't bad. We put up a backdrop on either side of the stage, put the cameras and flashes together, taped our marks, and then tested everything out. It went pretty smoothly and then we just had to sit and wait for the first speakers to go through their speeches before the graduates started coming up.


The whole room seemed smaller than I expected. The graduates came down the line, one by one, stepping up in front of the backdrop and I shot them quickly and they moved on. It was a well-oiled machine and it worked out perfectly. It seemed like we got through the whole crowd really fast and suddenly it was time to break down. Pretty easy and still fun. After breaking down, we headed back to the car, said goodbye to Kevin and Max, and were back on the road to PA.

We dropped Rena off at home once we were back in Maryland then Derrick and I stopped for something to eat in the car for our remaining few hours. We made good time until we got to 476 in PA, of course. There was an insane amount of traffic on a Saturday afternoon for some reason and we inched along, knowing that if it was clear we could be at the office in twenty minutes. Finally, we made it back and unloaded the gear and took it upstairs. Then I was home free.


I listened to a few podcasts on my drive home and then fell happily into my computer chair where I remained for the evening until I was ready for bed. The long drive really took it out of me even though I wasn't behind the wheel. It was just nice not being in a car seat for a while.

No comments: