Saturday, October 12, 2013

Oct 12, 2013

 

Before doing anything I had to go to get my PPD checked by the doctor in Vineland. He was nice enough to open the back door before the place opened and sign off for me. My drive down to Wildwood in the morning started off very hopeful because the weather was great in Millville. The closer I got to the shore, however, the darker the clouds got. By the time I parked near the pier it was raining pretty good. I walked through the rain to meet Charles by the far pier where he was shooting. I had rigged a plastic bag to cover my camera and took my position near a jumping obstacle to catch the racers in the air.


The rain came and went, as did the runners. I made friends with zombies nearby and talked about the weather and the race. One cool thing was that they got to go down the big water slide that's part of the water park along the race. It seemed like it was probably a fun run. The last couple of hours seemed to go on forever and it was getting cold. I was happy when it was finally done. I gave Charles his card, he paid me, and I went quickly on my way home.


That night, Ian and I went up to Starland Ballroom to see AFI. Once again, they put on a crazy awesome show. Davey is such a fantastic frontman. During the first song's breakdown, he did a front flip into the crowd and went right on singing. Regardless of how much I enjoy most of their music, I'd go see them just for his theatrics. After the show we met two of Ian's friends and went to a diner on Rt. 18 for some post-show treats and conversation. We had a good time, but I was ready to gooooooo. I was so tired when I got home that there was no waiting before I laid down and passed out.

No comments: