Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Oct 24, 2013


Go ahead, read the bold, underlined part. Yeah. All I can say is that the classes were actually pretty well-behaved. I didn't expect that since this teacher's classes last year were terrible. And that's even by Lakeside standards. Sadly, they just worked on their test and packets for the whole class. I usually expect him to leave a Bill Nye video and I always enjoy that. It was a pretty long day.


After work Kate, Chuck, and I headed down to Cape May Brewery. They were having an "industry night" with specials. Apparently I don't know what that is because when I got there I was told it's only specials for people from the bars that serve their beer. After showing a few pieces of NJCB identification we were granted the discount anyway. We used our sample chips to do a flight of all the beers on tap. The Pale Ale and City to Shore Double IPA were both quite tasty. The Stout was good, but the Avalon Coffee Stout was great. Overall I can usually take or leave their beer. I used to like the atmosphere there a lot more, but now that they've expanded it seems less friendly beer guys pouring and chatting with you than a hip brew pub. Oh well. So it goes.

After we came home I had some food before heading back out to meet Davonne at the movie theater to see Runner Runner. I hadn't seen her in a while and we had been talking about seeing a movie for some time, but we rarely have similar schedules or similar taste in movies. The movie was quite good. I like Justin Timberlake as an actor and of course I like Ben Affleck so the pair was a win for me. A busy and fun day, it was. Good prelude to sleeping.

No comments: