Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Oct 30, 2013

I got a job for a "floater teacher" at Vineland's Memorial school, and it turned out I was in for one teacher: a gym teacher. I really did nothing all day except stand on the sidelines and watch them play "speed ball," which combines basketball, football, and soccer somehow. It was entertaining to watch, but the day still dragged on. I had one Health class that I showed a drunk driving video to, but Vineland has 9-period days so it didn't last long. I got a long lunch and learned the hard way that I should never get lunch from Vineland again.


When I got home from work, my new lens had arrived so I took it out and tried it on. It's so heavy, but I look forward to using it. Alex told me that Circa Survive announced a secret show for tomorrow night in PA so I got tickets immediately. I am excited to see them, and I was just wondering recently if they'd be playing on the east coast soon. After that I filled out some paperwork in preparation for my upcoming U Penn Alumni hockey game shoot. Tax forms are fun to figure out as an independent contractor. I'm pretty sure I'm messing something up every time. But maybe I'm not.


Later it was Quizzo time. Last week Steve-O told us if we wore a costume for Halloween we would get extra points so I made something up at the last minute and dressed as a tennis player. Chuck and Matt agreed that other than the headband and tennis racket it was something they wouldn't be at all surprised to see me wearing. We played okay, but we didn't come close to winning. I think every team got the extra points for a costume also since other were dressed up, so that didn't put us ahead. Oh well, it was fun.

No comments: