Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Feb 9, 2011

I subbed for Erika at Lakeside and Memorial during the day. Most of the students were no problem all day. It was a very easy morning and then videos during the day. We watched The Lion King 2 during the last class, which was cool with me since I'd never seen it before. The songs weren't as good as the first one.

I started tracing my cutout onto the steel I got the other day and considered the best way to move forward from there.

I learned to use the plasma cutter, which I hoped would be a James Bond-esque pen device that shot a laser.. unfortunately it was a more like a small welding gun.. with cutting power. It was actually really awesome and easy to use and control. I cut out both of the legs in a matter of about fifteen minutes. Can't beat that.

After spending some time shooting some ceramics for the gallery book I accompanied Heather and Kat to Goodwill so they could find this wonderful dress and purchase it. They're going to share it.

I headed to PJ's after that to meet up with the Argyle Gargoyles for Quizzo. I got my delicious fish tacos that I had been craving for much of the day and we got into the game. We really were doing quite well on all the rounds and it paid off in the end even though the game lasted forever. We won first place! That never happens during the regular season...

Exhausted and happy with our win, I headed home and tried to get to sleep early so I could wake up at a reasonable time.

No comments: