Saturday, February 19, 2011

Feb 19, 2011

Alex was the chef in the morning and cooked me some eggs over easy. Not over hard. They were delicious and very filling. We took our time getting ready to leave, but then finally headed out.

We went to the 4th Street Cafe in Ocean City to see Michelet's photos that were on display there. She was there having lunch with her family too so we got to see her as well. Unfortunately, the photos were set up on the walls directly behind where people were sitting and eating, making it extremely awkward to view any of them. It was a very uncomfortable, cramped setting. I didn't get to enjoy many of the photos because of that.

We went down to the boardwalk after leaving the gallery, where the wind was pretty insane.

The boardwalk was pretty empty on the far end. We walked into the wind, stopping in a little shop and a fudge store so Alex could talk to people for a photo project she's working on.

We walked out to the jetty and the sand was blowing all over the place. It looked really awesome, but it was a bit obnoxious.

Alex took a bunch of pictures out on the jetty while I sat with Cait and took photos of her and tried out my neutral density filters in an attempt to get the sand blowing across the beach. It didn't work that well. I need to learn.

After a half hour or so of sitting on the rocks shooting photos and getting sand in our eyes and cameras we decided to climb off the rocks and head back to safety.

Since Alex had never been to Ocean City, we had to play ten cent skee ball. I'm not very good. I think I got into the 100 hole once. We got a bunch of dimes and played a lot of games though. Alex surreptitiously took photos of us playing with her remote... sneaky.

We went to Mack and Manco's for pizza of course so Alex could try it. Again, this is a face of approval. She liked it. The place was really busy actually. They do well in the winter. We headed home after eating and stopped for Shamrock Shakes when we got close to Glassboro. Delicious.

Shannon picked me uplater and we headed into Philly for the Thursday show. They played Full Collapse entirely once again. That makes three times for me. That's enough times. Maybe War All the Time next time? I could go to that show way more times. They were good, but I was disappointed that they didn't play anything after the full album. Not even Jet Black. Really?

I joined Shannon in the balcony for Underoath's set. I didn't really know any of their new stuff but they played some older songs that I knew. Regardless, they played really well. I was kind of surprised.

Great day. Lots of fun on the beach in the winter and at the show in Philly!

No comments: