Thursday, February 10, 2011

Feb 10, 2011

I got up early in the morning and went to Lowe's to get some bright yellow paint. I think I picked a good shade. I met my friend from class at the studio and, after some coaching from her friend, she painted herself yellow while I photographed. I got some really good shots and the yellow and gray looked really good together.

This was the aftermath of the shoot. Nowhere near as crazy as the last one but that really worked out for this one. I'm hoping to do a whole series of these. I love the images I'm getting.

After cleaning up a little bit and looking over the images, I went to class, where we talked about some historical images and techniques before going down to the black room to see the large-scale camera obscura in operation. Basically, it's just a small hole in the wall, which transfer the images from outside to the dark room inside. If you want to know more, Google it.

I spent some time helping Alex with her lighting in the studio and then went to my next photo class. We looked at some images in the classroom and then came into the studio to do some lighting exercises. I had my last meal from the Mexican place on campus, as it's shutting down for renovations. It was delicious. I'll miss them. A few more hours of photo class ensued and then I was set free.

I got Brian and Alex and we headed over to Pizza Hut for our Gallery fundraiser. We get twenty percent of the profits during a three hour window today if people come in with our flyer. Apparently not many other people came but we were there to do something at least! Elaina and Christy came to join in the fun and annoy Brian by also wanting veggies on their pizza!

It was Alex's first time having stuffed crust pizza! Crazy talk. Ryan and Erika came as well to help support. I think they got stuffed crust also.. what else would one get at The Hut?

I went back to Westby for a little while and then hung out with Heather and Steph for a while before heading home extremely tired. Too much pizza, methinks.

No comments: