Sunday, February 6, 2011

Feb 6, 2011

I slept as long as I could before getting up to meet Ryan to head to Blue Mountain for a day of frustration and fun on a snowboard. It seemed unusually light out while we were there at first.

Since I had only snowboarded once I was expecting horrible things. It didn't go too badly at first and after a few runs down I thought I had the hang of it. I realized soon after that, while I could make it down the mountain with relative ease, I was doing it wrong.

Ryan picked it up pretty easily after a while and started doing just fine. I was still stuck on the equivalent to a snow plow on skis and after a few hard falls (including one where I hit my head) I was feeling cautious and didn't want to stay too much longer. We did a few more runs and then headed out. Still a pretty successful day. I think I'll ski next time though.

After showering and changing I went to Westby to see Alex for a short time and then to Heather's to have nachos. They were spicy, cheesy goodness.

After hanging out with everyone for a while and watching It's Always Sunny, I was ready to go to sleep.

No comments: