Thursday, February 3, 2011

Feb 3, 2011

I went up to Rowan early with my large box of pretzels to meet meet Alex and Corrie to do the bake sale in the Student Center.

We were there for a couple of hours and managed to sell some things. We didn't sell a lot right away but we did get a few people that bought multiple items and some just gave us money to donate. We left the table in the capable hands of other members who did quite well for us.

I went back to Westby with Alex to work on the administrative stuff for the club so we could apply for more money. I wrote a great letter explaining what we need the money for and how we would spend it.

Kat met me at the studio and we did a photo shoot. She started in regular clothes and did a bunch of different poses and then put on her nurse outfit to shoot those. She was a good model. We did some silhouette shots using a white reflection screen but I think we're going to try it again later after we work out some problems.

I picked up Shannon after the first shoot and brought her back to do another. She's been wanting to do hockey jersey shots for a while so I shot a bunch. I think some of them came out really good, I just need to go through the rest.

The video show opening was later that night, with lots of work from the Motion classes, including Brian's video for the Far East Movement's song "Rocketeer."

Brian brought plenty of food, including sushi and a ton of chicken nuggets, and we put up the rest of the bake sale items, which were pretty scarce by the end of the sale! The opening was fun, we hung around and talked for a long time, listening to sixty seconds of that same song playing on Brian's video. It never got old somehow..

I went to Heather's a little later, where they were watching Jersey Shore. Since I didn't have Chuck to distract me, I quickly engrossed myself in coloring a pirate in a coloring book. I really didn't notice much else going on once I started. That was the plan.

We played some games, using an array of cups that shouldn't be used for beer pong. It was surprisingly amusing though.

I don't know why people started arm wrestling later but that happened. I won somehow. There are quite a few great faces in this picture. Including Bob Marley.

I won this round too but Kat had to help me.

We stayed up for a long time listening to music mostly. Mike listens to a lot of good music so I wanted to hear more Early November and Blink and it just kept going.

No comments: