Saturday, February 26, 2011

Feb 26, 2011

Nathan met up with Alex, Cait and myself and we headed to Wissahickon Creek in Philly to have a hike. It's been too long, outdoors!

There were a few people on the trails, but for the most part we had it all to ourselves and we had a good time with it. We climbed up some hills, some of us more enthusiastically than others, and went over the Walnut Street bridge.

We took a little break at a water crossing to enjoy the scenery. I climbed over the side since Cait said I wouldn't. I did not sit down on the other side.

When we began to head back, Nathan took to the rocks and climbed up onto them.

I joined him shortly after and climbed to the summit. Okay, it was only about twenty feet up but it looks pretty impressive, right?

This is us walking... or standing on one of the many cement crossings in the park.

Nathan is by far the most comfortable looking person in this picture. We took some photos and then took another trail back to the trailhead where we parked.

Cait directed us to a nice little restaurant off of South Street called The Latest Dish. It looked promising and the food didn't disappoint. I got the Seitan meatloaf. It was awesome. So much on the menu looked great but I think I made a good selection. And I know a place I'd like to return to.

I went home for a while and then headed back up to Cait's to watch the BBC Life series. We watched a few of those and the behind the scenes parts before putting on some random television shows. We had Golden Monkeys to enjoy as well.

It was a long, fun day and night. More of these, please.

No comments: