Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Feb 15, 2011

History of Photo was the usual. Some interesting images. I'm curious as to what these tests will be like.

I skipped some of my next class so I could go back to Samurai with Alex and Elaina to get the lobster hibachi lunch special. It was splendid again. I would still just go for the veggies though.

Elaina faced her fear of flying food and caught a piece in her mouth! I did too this time. I missed them all on Sunday. It's like dinner and a show. I like hibachi.

We got back to school with over half of class left so I didn't miss too much. We were learning the Polaroid transfer process where you can lift the emulsion from a printed image and lay it on paper or another medium. My first one worked out really well. I like the finished product. I need to refine the process slightly for my plan to work out.

In Photo II we went outside to shoot in the sunlight using diffusers and filters but the heating trailer at the end of the building caught on fire while we were out there so all of our attention was directed toward that. We shot some images but it was cold and windy out so we took cover in the science building where we could still smell the diesel fumes while the fire department got the situation under control and we could go back into Westby.

I went to the end of the Venue meeting after class so they could pick my brain about their photo ideas and talk about using the studio. Should be an interesting shoot when that happens.

We went to caf to get dinner after the meeting, where I ate an interesting variety of food, which always happens at buffets. I had a couscous burger that was pretty delicious and some veggie chow mein.

I went to Shannon's to hang out with her for the first time in a while. We had a glass of wine or three and watched Glee. I took some photos for my lighting assignment as well.

Continuing my lighting photos, I went to Heather's where I shot some photos of unique and unusual lighting. I shot some of Kat and Steph lit by the TV and their cell phones then I shot some of Heather lit by the fridge light and microwave. A lot of them turned out really good. You don't usually think about it but those sources provide good, soft light.

After shooting some more shots outside under the parking lot lights with Kat smoking I headed home to assemble them for the next day.

No comments: