Monday, February 7, 2011

Feb 7, 2011

I went to Rowan early to meet with Tom early and then spent some time working on some ideas for the design of the Gallery books. I don't know if I got anywhere.

I went to the meeting for a short time where we talked about the possibilities we have with our budget. The hardest part is figuring out how to package the books together.

Shortly after I followed Tom to a salvage yard near the school where we had to peruse the materials for ourselves and walk around among a handful of roving forklifts. I have no idea how they let customers wander around in the work area like that without being liable in some way. I almost got run over a few times.

After some trial and error, we finally found the kind of steel I needed (read: could afford) for my project and we packed it up, paid and headed back to Rowan.

I had to have myself traced again because the steel that was big enough for my original drawing was too expensive. I settled for shrinking it a little bit. No problem.

I spent some time cutting the tracing out after it was done. It was pretty easy to do. Then I rolled myself up and took it down to the sculpture studio for later.

Once I acquired some paint and Heather, we went to the studio to try out my idea. She painted herself with black paint while also painting the canvas. It got a little crazy on the canvas but I think that works really well for the image and for her personality. I'm really happy with a lot of the images I got. The aftermath looked great as well.

I met with Alex and Eddie to get some food and discuss what we'd be doing for the senate meeting. They had to present our case for additional funding to the senate and the students along with a few other clubs trying for the same pool of money. They made a good case and when it came time for voting, there was overwhelming support for us, so we got a good amount of extra money that we really needed for our publication! We went to Prof's to get some feed and revel in our victory for a while.

I went to hang out at Heather's for a while to take some pictures with my Polaroid and cell phone camera for my Alternative Methods class. I got some interesting shots. I like them as a series. Steph cooked up some pancakes with a whole lot of chocolate and peanut butter chips in them. I ate about one before I couldn't eat anymore. They were good but sooo sweet.

After taking some more pictures in the hall I drove home and went to sleep after coming off that sugar high.

No comments: