Thursday, February 24, 2011

Feb 24, 2011

After exercising at home and going for a run, I went to Westby to pick up Alex and Lindsey. We got to the right neighborhood in Philly and had to walk around for a bit to find the entrance to Project Basho.

We all submitted work for this gallery, but none of us were chosen for it. The collection was mainly candid portraiture. It had a defined mood to it and it was clear that the juror was going for a certain aesthetic.

We hung out there for a while staring at certain pieces, either because they were really great or because they were confusing. There were a good amount of really nice photos there. Keith showed up while we were there and talked to us about the setup of the gallery and the images.

We went back to the Crane building, where there were several exhibits on display. Alex and I wandered through the photo section and into some of the sculpture galleries next.

One room was full of a bunch of sculptures relating to the human body and sexuality. There were some really awesome things and some disturbing things. All around a really cool gallery space. We went to Maoz on South Street to split a falafel for lunch before heading home. It's been a long time since I've had one and it was delicious.

When I got back Lauren helped me finish shooting all the 2D work for the Gallery. There wasn't as much as I had expected so it got done quickly. Putting things back in the acetate that we took off wasn't nearly as easy.

I gave Lauren some lessons on studio lighting and she did a quick shoot with me. She did extremely well with direction. I could learn a few things from her there. Fair trade.

I spent some time going through the studios in the building and shooting people working on things so we would have some shots for the publication.

Elaina came in after her class to do a photo shoot. She was an excellent model. She seemed to know exactly what she was doing without me having to tell her anything. She made it look easy. I'm really happy with the shots I got. I got a lot of keepers.

Christy was there helping as well using the reflector, aka Space Taco. The little bit of light from the reflector really makes a lot of difference.

After the shoot I stayed in the computer lab editing the photos and talking to Alex until 2am when we had to leave to not get tickets. Clearly we were the last ones there.

I finished editing some photos when I got back home and then watched a few things before going to bed.

No comments: