Friday, February 4, 2011

Feb 4, 2011

I had something to eat in Westby while watching 30 Rock and then picked up Alex to go to the Perkins Center in Moorestown to see the photography gallery that was up.

The first floor of the large house was set up pretty well, except for the horrible glare on the glass frames from the open windows. There was some really good work there from local photographers. Some were not as good but it was an independent judge who chose them.

There were photos along the stairs that gave me more of an impression of family portraits than art, not because of the subject matter but the placement. I wasn't a fan. The upstairs art had some really nice shots that inspired me and also included a piece by our very own Lindsey Marr (or it is Mott? Moore? who knows..) It was a nice collection of images overall but I would prefer a better lighting situation.

We got back to Westby just in time for the Gallery meeting to start. Good thing, since Alex is the president (and apparently I'm the secretary.) We discussed our packaging problem for the books we're creating and the colors we need to use for our designs. Brian slept through the meeting but contributed at the same time.

After the meeting I went back to Millville to meet Chuck for dinner at Saigon. I got my old favorite, the veggie spring roll vermicelli. It was amazing, as expected. Chuck got a delicious looking dessert with two tiny spoons.. sure did look good. If only there were enough spoons for both of us..

Later I went up to Landmark to meet Laura and Jess for "first friday" where you get great beer specials if you wait about twenty minutes to get a beer. And it was only in the club portion of the bar. It sounds like I'm complaining, but besides the long lines it was actually a lot of fun.

We were laughing at ourselves for going to a club and then standing around taking pictures. Not really surprising to me..

Eddie (aka Benny) came in and showed off his amazingly bright shirt. We hung out in the typical club circle and danced and yelled at each other in conversation.

Alex and Caitlin and her friends were there as well, so we hung out with all of them and danced a lot, hence the sweating. We actually ended up having a great time in the club and decided to go back to her house after to hang out.

We started watching I Love You, Man but I couldn't get anyone to pay attention to it. I watched it and kept laughing at things until we realized we weren't paying attention so we just gave up on the movie and talked for a long while. Eventually I headed home to fall asleep.

No comments: