Friday, November 5, 2010

Nov 5, 2010

Once I had taken care of a few clerical items at Rowan Andrew and Laura picked me up and we headed to The Abbaye for lunch. We each got a beer to start off with. The Leffe Blonde was really good as was the Flying Dog beer that I had.

We were all really hungry and had to wait a while for our food... but it was worth it as always.

The first-timers were very happy with their lunches. Andrew got a cheesesteak but Laura went with The Burger. She made the same face that I made the first time. I think I like this burger too much. I realize I write about it on here like I'm going to propose to it. Wouldn't be a bad idea, really. It always leaves me satisfied.

We took our leave of The Abbaye and headed down Second Street to the art galleries. The first place we stopped at was a lighting gallery. There were a lot of really awesome lights, some of my favorites I put on my website. The mercury lights were pretty cool as well.

We went to a sculpture gallery next. This is an installation by Jackie Brown dealing with the changing state of our brains. The materials she uses are really amazing and you have to walk around them to really get it. I love the idea of working a concept into a sculpture. That's what I'd like to do.

We went to a few more painting galleries in the area. Some were better than others and one involved us taking a walking tour of a small gallery space with the proprietor because she seemed bored and glad that someone came in. There were several pieces by Brian Burt at one of the galleries. He does trompe l'oeil paintings that are really amazing.

We took a quick walk through Christ Church on the way back to the car and stopped at a print gallery where I found this little gem printed on fabric. Pretty awesome.

After a failed attempt to get blueberry pie from the strange lady at the health place near South Street we went to Phileo Yogurt (whose name I still do not like) and I got a meager portion of frozen treat.

We left Philly and I added my last coat of latex to my sculpture pieces and then became discouraged once again with my website after a new idea failed to pan out. I then went over to Bunce to see the production of Our Town. It was very well done. Just before the third act Laura noticed me and invited me to sit with her and Troy since I was alone. The third act was great also.

I came home and made some revisions to my plans for the weekend. Now that I have all my information together I'm going to try to fall asleep before 5 tonight. I don't like pills but I need something to help me sleep.. warm milk? Nah, I'll just watch The Mentalist until I drift off.

No comments: