Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Nov 10, 2010

I got to Westby just in time for the gallery committee meeting with Jack, our printer. We described our ideas for the publication and fielded some questions/considered possible alternatives. After he left we had a quick meeting and figured a few more things out.

In Type Jan looked at our stationery sets and shot down most of my ideas, but was quick to give me her own so I could use them. I'm ready for this class to be done. It seemed to take a long time today. I put a final layer of latex on my sculpture pieces and left them to dry so I could hopefully pour my plaster tomorrow.

Tracy, Brian and I went to the Electric Factory where the latest incarnation of Saves the Day started playing shortly after we arrived. They played a good set, including three songs off their upcoming album that sounded really good.

Say Anything came up next. I wasn't expecting that much for some reason but I was pleasantly surprised by them. They were awesome. I really need to listen to more of their music. I had also forgotten that Kenny from The Starting Line was playing bass for them on this tour. He was a good addition.

Another nice surprise was a one-song performance by Two Tongues, the side project/mash-up of Say Anything and Saves the Day with Chris and Max singing. A surprising amount of people seemed to know the song too.

Motion City Soundtrack was up last, opening with "The Weakends" and carrying on with an awesome set after that. They played a handful of new tracks but broke out a lot of great old tunes as well.

I'm glad Justin had his voice back for our show since he had lost it a few days earlier. He was characteristically jubilant and talked frantically between songs about his sports knowledge or lack thereof and his appreciation for everyone who comes out to shows. They are always great.

It doesn't feel as late as it is. I hate not being able to sleep.

No comments: