Monday, November 15, 2010

Nov 15, 2010

The gallery meeting was pretty short but we went over everyone's designs for the layout of the books. I came up with some basic ideas for the backs of each card and possibly the cover for the photo section but we have a lot of good designs to choose from.

We refined our final sets of stationery in Type and got them ready to turn in next class. We just did one on one critiques with Jan so she could let us know what needed to be done.

I went to the Student Center to see the presentation by Kate Gilmore, an installation/video artist from New York whose work I had seen before at ICA in Philly. She showed several of her videos and explained some of the concepts behind the way she performs. I would recommend checking her out at kategilmore.com.

After her talk she sat and talked with us for a while. She's very friendly and appreciative. I had a few questions about the future of her work and she happily discussed it with me. Her work is very inspiring and I got a few ideas while I was there.

Unfortunately the first couple of casts I made from the molds were not perfect. They're going to need some work even when they do cast right, but at least it doesn't take too long to dry.

I came home and watched House and How I Met Your Mother then I decided to go out for a run. It was raining but I needed it. It was a good run and I would have done more than three miles if my sweatshirt wasn't soaked when I got back to the house.

No comments: