Friday, November 26, 2010

Nov 26, 2010

Nathan and I went out to the course to play a game since the weather wasn't great for hiking. They have recently renumbered the course and added a couple of new holes to make up for the ones that were taken out from the flooding.

We had a good round, with me somehow almost acing the last hole. It's a considerable distance from the tee and I rarely get anywhere near this basket on my first shot.

I met Jamie at Kawa later for dinner. Her sushi was entertaining. I had the vegetable curry which I requested extra hot. It wasn't. It's never spicy at all actually. Those little peppers on the menu lie.

I picked up Shannon and we went to her friend's house in Brigantine where we played water pong for a while as we drank some beer. We lost a lot of games.

There was another gamed called Nemo that was suggested so we learned the rules and started playing. At that point a bunch more people had showed up so we were crowded around the table trying to bounce a ping pong ball into a cup before getting skipped. Either way I was enjoying my Troegs Rugged Trail.

At one point the game stopped completely so everyone could dance to Sandstorm. I was in the same position as the guy at the end of the table.

They called a cab to take us to Atlantic City so everyone had their last drinks or shots and got ready to head out.

We went to Ri Ra Irish Pub in the Tropicana where I had some lower quality beer and we danced to the cover band Sugarbuzz. They were pretty good but I always think that cover bands rely on everyone drinking and singing along to the songs.. which we were doing so it was fine.

We stayed there for most of their three sets. They played a lot of good songs and the girls got on stage with them at one point to dance and help sing. There were a few strange people in the crowd including an older guy that was dancing behind me for a while. He seemed pretty out of it.

We called the cab to take us back to the house and had the driver stop at Wawa for some much-needed food and water. After hanging out at the house for a while I dropped off Shannon and came home. Aside from some minor drama the night was a good time.

No comments: