Saturday, November 20, 2010

Nov 20, 2010

After I got a few things done at home in the morning, Chuck and I headed to the Ritz East in Philly to see 127 Hours. Though we had been warned of its graphic nature, the movie turned out to be an amazingly emotional and inspirational story that made me want to go out and do a lot more while I can. And it made me want to see it again right away.

We went to The Abbaye for food and beer after the film. We split some vegan wings and each got a seitan cheesesteak. I could barely eat mine because I can't eat much at all since I got sick. It was delicious once I did eat it though. We tried a handful of different beers as well. Chuck had some really good dark beers. The ones I had were pretty good but not on part with what I usually try there. Either that or my taste buds are being weird because nothing has tasted normal lately.

Jeff and Dave met us at Mako's on South Street before the show to have a few more beers. That's our beeramid on the table.

Chuck and I weren't thrilled with the drop in beer quality but still preferred Pabst to Miller High Life. There were some members of the opening band at the bar playing Reel Big Fish music.

Jeff started us on the trend of playing music on the jukebox since there was nothing playing and we got to listen to whatever we played right away. I much prefer getting to choose the music in the bar.

We played the whole Taking Back Sunday album "Tell All Your Friends" over the course of the night as well as some Gratitude, Yellowcard, Bad Religion and plenty more. We stayed at the bar for a while since the show started pretty late.

We went across the street to the TLA where we met Ryan and Erika and made our way to the middle of the room as the Fish took the stage. They opened with "Sell Out" again and then into the usual shenanigans.

The crowd was a lot of fun and everyone was dancing, even Chuck, Ryan and Erika! We had a lot of fun even though the set seemed fast. It always does when you're having a good time.

For once I didn't have much trouble falling asleep when I got home. It was a long day.

No comments: