Friday, March 5, 2010

Mar 5, 2010

I met Katie and Ryan at Bagel University for lunch. I had a tasty veggie sandwich on a bagel and we tried to plan skiing and disc golf trips.

I took at short job at Alternative School, where I worked for three hours with a maximum of three students in a class at a time. Not too bad at all.

Katie and I went up to Rowan where we met Joanna and took the shuttle bus from school to South Street and got there just as Deas Vail was going on. They were great just as they were the last time I saw them.

Person L came on next. I just can't really get into them. I don't know if it was the atmosphere or what. I like some of the recordings but when I see Kenny, I just want him to play Starting Line songs.

Ace Enders came out next with I Can Make a Mess Like Nobody's Business. It was cool to hear some songs I haven't heard in a really long time and he played some new songs from the CD that is coming out in a few weeks that sounded pretty good too. Early November reunion, please!?

Copeland took the stage for the last time in Philly on their farewell tour and played a slew of great songs from all of their albums. They broke out some great older songs that I really hoped they would play. It was a great set, I wish I got tickets to more than one show.

We waited for a few minutes after to talk to Aaron and get a photo. He's a really nice guy and always wants to talk to fans after the show. I hope he'll do more music stuff in the future.

I grabbed a veggie steak down the street before we headed back to get our bus. When we got there (before 12, when it was supposed to leave) we saw it just starting to round the corner. I made eye contact with the bus driver, who talked to me before we left Rowan, and she continued driving away. I figured she was rounding the block but she ended up never coming back. Joanna called Monica, who couldn't get in contact with the bus driver and had to come pick us up herself.

It was a bittersweet show, a bitter cold night and a bit of an adventure as always. Good night.

No comments: