Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mar 11, 2010

Since my car was dead in the lot I couldn't take a job in the morning and it was really nice out so I was stuck with nothing to do. I went to find out that I didn't get the positions I interviewed for and then came back to eat something and watch shows. I texted Shannon and she came out to play. We went for a walk in Pitman and then came back to play frisbee with a putter.

I'm surprised I've never climbed this tree before today. I guess I never spent enough time on campus before. It was really nice out and it felt good to be outside in a t-shirt.

We played for quite a while. It's new to catch the disc instead of just throwing it!

I had Modern Art later followed by Graphic Design, where I didn't spend much time before leaving to go to Claire's opening down the hall. She did a series of really great portraits.

I really felt like the portraits captured the personality of the people, which is the whole point of a portrait. They seem very classical to me by being not only a representation of the person but a reflection of their true self and an enhancement of their essence.

After the gallery, my sister came up and we headed to Philly. We got to the Troc just in time to see the last song and a half that Cursive played. They were way ahead of schedule I guess because we weren't that late. Alkaline Trio came out after a brief wait and played a lot more newer stuff than I'm used to. They played a good deal of old material as well and I enjoyed the set.

After the show we came back to Rowan and went to After Hours for a little bit. I got some mac and cheese and we made a license plate for the trip. After that, I was homeward bound.

No comments: