Friday, March 19, 2010

Mar 19, 2010

I worked for a science teacher in the morning at Memorial. The assignment was to do a worksheet while watching The Crocodile Hunter movie. It was ridiculous (real ridiculous) and I had to watch it three times.

After work I didn't have much time before we had to be at Hangar 84 for load-in. It turned out we didn't really have to be there because all the openers were sharing a drum kit. But we hung around and set up our "merch," which consists of free stickers and our burnt cd. Michelle got us vegetarian foods so we partook instead of going out to eat.

We stood outside waiting for our peoples to show up until it was about time for us to play. We played right before the touring bands which was nice.

We had a shorter set than usual but we managed. The songs were not perfect and slower than we'd like to play them but the crowd didn't seem to mind too much.

Regardless of how we did it felt really good to be back up on the stage.

After the band they were touring with played, The Ataris came on and played through a bunch of old and new tunes. They played some off of their newest cd which I didn't expect.

It's somewhat nostalgic seeing them play. All of their songs remind me of a long time ago and it's strange to see the progression they have made through the years. I'm glad they're still touring.

We hung out for a while after the show but not for too long. I came home and watched some Californication before bed. It wasn't like the last time we opened for them; it just didn't feel the same. I wanted to be excited but I felt like things kept knocking me down. Oh well, I guess every show can't be the best of your life. At least we had the one last year.

No comments: