Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Mar 3, 2010

I went in for Art History this time and got a serving of the usual kinds of artwork and a bunch of information that I have no idea what to do with. It's amazing how I can have one art history class that I love and one that just doesn't interest me in any way.

We had a Live Event meeting where we went over some upcoming things and then started voting on band for the upcoming Battle of Bands. Not a lot of promising acts but the process was pretty brutal; we hardly listened up to the chorus in most songs before voting on them. That took me into Photojournalism, where we slowly looked through terrible pictures until he realized we were almost asleep and sent us out to shoot portraits of each other. I like the way the lights frame her head in this one.

We tried to get on the roof of the Science building but I wasn't sure how I got up there last time. We settled for an interesting piping system in the stairwell.

After making it through the rest of that class and going back to the Student Center to scold the burrito place for giving me chicken instead of a portabella quesadilla, we went to Sculpture. We had our artist presentation and then critiqued this week's box. It was kind of boring in my opinion and I feel like the girl tried acting like there was way more meaning behind it than there really was.

I couldn't weld because there were other people ahead of me so I went to photograph the rest of the works for the gallery publication. I shot a few 3D things and then got to work on the flat stuff. I like using the pre-set machine to shoot these things.

Chuck suggested Quizzo so I went with him and Diebra to the place nearby. It was good to see DJ Shakedown again and he was interested in seeing our band when he found out that Argyle Gargoyle was our name. He even promoted the show over the PA at the end of the game! He is awesome.

I was pretty tired so I was ready to sleep when I got back.

No comments: