Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mar 10, 2010

I got up early and studied a little bit, but I still wasn't feeling good about the test when I went to take it. I was pretty resigned to a poor grade. After the exam, I didn't feel much better about my grade but I wish I would have known the format before I took it because I think I would have done much better had I known what to study. I went to the Live Events meeting, where we went over volunteering and started listening to the rest of the bands for the battle.

I left the meeting early, or at least before all of the bands were through, to go to Photojournalism and show my images for the sports assignment. I showed the tennis and disc golf images I shot. Everyone else showed theirs as well. It was a long class.

We went down to Sculpture to finally have our critique of project one. I placed all of my snails together and got mostly positive feedback about them. Most people considered the metal one quirky and fun. Everyone else had really good projects as well. There were some that were really awesome.

After crit, we had our artist presentation of the week, where Christina brought in a dog to the box to represent the political art of Joseph Beuys. It was nicely done.

A little later on, I went to Nicole's gallery opening at High Street. She had her photo-grams on display. She has found some really awesome things since she started this in Photo I. There was a serious spread of food and her pieces were really good. Basically, the process involves scanning a magazine page so you can see the images from both sides of the page. The result is often really interesting and she has done a great job with it. The things she gets are pretty awesome.

I had to walk quickly to the Student Center for my SUP interview. I interviewed for two positions. They asked some interesting questions but I felt like I handled them really well and I left the room feeling good about my chances. Joanna had her interview just after mine. I also got a shot of the winning Gnome board. That's my gnome, eating popcorn. Thanks, you won me a hundred bucks in gift cards to Olive Garden!

After hanging out in the office for a while, we went to work on Joanna's turtle in the welding area for a little while but the welder messed up again so we had to leave it.

We left and watched Tosh.0 and The Daily show before sleep.

No comments: