Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Mar 24, 2010

Not much sleep but up early to Art History II so I can do better on the next test. I try to take better notes (I'm a good note taker) but he tells us useless information about things we're not going to be tested on so what do I write down???

During my "break" I ran back and forth across campus getting supplies and food before constructing my other project due for sculpture just before Photojournalism. I made a picnic basket with cut up stuffed animals in containers inside. It had to do with the kind of animals we're okay with eating and the ones that make us go, "aww, why would you eat that?!" We looked at those projects and then critiqued my box.

Everyone entered, zipped up the tent and had a seat on the log.

I wanted everyone to feel like they were secluded in the forest and sitting somewhere very peaceful and serene, away from the city and school.

I think (and everyone else agreed) that it worked out really nicely. The space felt and smelled like a dark forest. The blue lights gave it a nice campsite feel and I had s'more for everyone to construct when they got in.

After critique we talked about our next project and then got out to enjoy the weather by playing frisbee on the lawn in front of Bunce. I can throw the disc one hundred feet directly to Joanna but I can't hit a basket from ten feet sometimes. I don't get it.

I really like this picture for some reason. I was trying to shoot myself catching the disc but it wasn't that easy. This just seems cool though.

We got something to eat before meeting Shannon at the Student Center to watch Sherlock Holmes. The audio was pretty terrible though so we only stayed for a short time before ditching.

No comments: