Saturday, March 27, 2010

Mar 27, 2010

Ryan and I got up early and drove to Tyler State Park for our second Johnny Boge Classic disc golf tournament.

We met Stu, our other player, and took the long walk to our first hole. The game ran pretty smoothly except that we had to wait for the group in front of us on a few holes.

I was all over the place as far as my shots. I had a few really good shots, like this one where I scored a two, and some very poor shots. I had no consistency. I ended out the round with a 90, which is just a few over par so not too bad. We took a much needed lunch break in the car and then threw some discs around until it was time for round two.

I was placed with two other AM2 players for the second round, Todd and Tim. They were nice guys so the round went pretty quick. Unfortunately, I didn't do great. I improved on a few but mostly I did a little worse. The out of bounds hurt me.

I finished with a 64 for a grand total of 154 overall. It could have been much better but it's a six stroke improvement from last year and I tied for fourth place, earning me a Pro Wraith. It was definitely fun and hopefully we'll be able to play some more tournaments this year.

Once I had a chance to go home and clean up I met the guys at Rowan for the battle of the bands to find out who would open the big show in Spring.

We played third and we hadn't practiced so we really didn't know what to expect when we got up there but everything just seemed to come together.

I think we played really well and we all had a great time. The band that played after us was really good as well and they ended up winning the battle. I thought we had a chance at one point but I wasn't upset about the decision at all and I think we all left with smiles on our faces after our performance.

It was a long and tiring day but I had a great time with everything. Sleep is my next reward.

No comments: