Saturday, December 5, 2009

Dec 5, 2009

In the morning, Joanna and I headed up the Turnpike to her house in Avenel. We were going to go into New York but it was raining and didn't seem to be getting any better so we looked for something else to do.

We drove west, where the rain turned into snow, to Allentown, eventually finding Jordan Creek disc golf course after stopping at a church craft show to use the bathroom and ended up buying a little thing of pumpkin spice jam. It was really good.

The course looked pretty nice in the snow. The snow makes everything look better. It was actually pretty muddy so it's a good thing the scenery made up for it.

There were some good holes; Joanna was doing really well throwing with her gloves on.

I had no gloves and our new disc golf towel was only doing so much to make the discs less slippery in my hand. I lost one disc to the creek. Shouldn't have taken that mulligan...

The layout of the course was really nice, there are bridges all over to get over the creek. It looked nice but it would definitely be nice on a dry day.

For some reason, I had to try this hole, which would definitely be really fun on a day I can actually get a grip on my disc but maybe not so much on a day like this. I tried it anyway and, as you probably guessed, I threw my disc right into the water. Well.. not right in, but it definitely didn't get very close to the other side. That's two.

The best was yet to come as there was a really great uphill hole shortly after. The snow was getting heavier and it was getting pretty dark by hole 14 though so we called it a day. I ended by missing an easy putt and Joanna ended by nailing one from a considerable distance.

It was so cold after the game. We were soaked and the car takes forever to warm up. We went to an Applebee's that wasn't too far away and changed our clothes. It felt much better. We ordered veggie burgers. They messed mine up twice, once adding bacon and the next time giving me a different burger altogether. The second one was good though, especially since it was free.

We drove back to Jersey from there, as the snow slowly turned back to rain by the time we were in Philly. We dried our shoes and socks on the ride home and followed through with our earlier plan to go bowling. We bowled three games and I did much better on the first than I expected to.

I only won one of the games, which is more than I expected to win so I'm cool with that. I was pretty happy with my scores since it was fairly consistent.

We hung out for a while after the game, watching Adult Swim and got brownies from Rowan After Hours. The usual. Healthy midnight snacks and educational tv.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

i miss all that snow =[ it was so pretty. i love that bridge picture sooo much. print of that needs to be made. throwing in the cold is much easier, minus the cold aspect. it needs to happen again, but when we are actually prepared. also, don't get sassy about my midnight snacks and cartoons!!!

D.M. said...

=D to all of that.