Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Dec 29, 2009

I went up to the train station in Trenton in the morning to pick up Joanna. I got there early, so I got a bagel and sat in the parking lot of Dunkin' Donuts reading my book for a while until the train came in. We first went to America's Best so she could get her eye exam for contacts. Too many opportunities to break her glasses with the things we end up doing.

After she was set up with her lenses we went over to Tyler to play some golf. It was cold and pretty windy. I started to sympathize with Ryan for not wanting to play in this weather.

The wind didn't really affect us much at all, my discs just wouldn't do what I wanted. On a hole by the water it curved way to the right and then rolled slowly from one level to the next down a big hill and then hopped into the river. We looked for a while but to no avail.

It got a little warmer as we walked and played. When there was no wind it was fine. We finished all 27 holes with a few really nice shots and quite a few tree shots for me.

We went looking for something to eat after the course. I used my handy GPS but ended up at a few places we didn't really want to eat at but passed a Domino's so we stopped there. We got some bread bowls (it was much better than it looks in the photo). I also got to open my birthday gifts there in the car. Side note: it was so cold out! We were sitting in the car eating because Domino's has no seating and it was just damn cold. Ok, anyway, the first thing I opened was a Charlie Brown Christmas LP. Pretty sweet, I just need to set up my turntable again. Somehow Joanna felt this was "not a Christmas-y gift".... haha.. Next was a bag with a candle (all of my rooms should smell fantastic with all of these candles) and two books. One I had read but didn't own yet and the other was by the author of Trainspotting and looks good.

We didn't really have a plan to kill the next two or three hours until the show so we went to Philly, parked on South Street and walked around looking for dessert. The plan was to stop eating so much sweet stuff but it was my birthday so.... We tried a few places. Gianna's had closed the bakery for this week, the ice cream place was expensive and we couldn't find the Ihop. It wasn't looking good until I remembered the crepe place on Sixth. We walked swiftly back there and ordered a crepe with bananas and ice cream. It was delicious. If only it had Nutella... Chuck and Katie met us there and once we finished eating, we got the car and re-parked right in front of the TLA.

The Starting Line reunion show! I have missed their holiday show... even though it's only been one year that they didn't have it.

We got there in time to see Valencia open. They played really well. There were definitely a good amount of their fans there and they played a good amount of stuff from the newer cd that I like a lot.

The Starting Line came out playing the first few songs on all of their albums and then cut into some fan favorites. The place didn't seem sold out even though it has been for quite a while. The crowd was good though and that is always helpful.

Kenny seemed really excited to be playing like always and he involved the crowd as well. It was great to see them play again and sing along to songs I haven't seen played live in a while.

It was a long day of awesomeness and I was pretty tired once we got back home. Happy birthday to me!

3 comments:

Joanna said...

I didn't say it wasn't Christmas-y... it's just that your birthday is so close, that all your gifts can overlap so it doesn't even matter. Just pretend you got it earlier.

D.M. said...

You said something about getting me something not Christmas-y, that's why I laughed if you recall. I was just joking anyway..... thankyou =D

Joanna said...

Yeah well then I guess those books aren't Christmas-y so there! I knowww... you're welcome =]