Monday, December 28, 2009

Dec 28, 2009

The day had finally arrived for us to go skiing on our annual trip to Blue Mountain. We got food at Wawa and headed to PA. It was cold when we got there- even more when I realized that I forgot my ski pants and my face mask. Oops.. Skiing in jeans!

There were only a few trails closed to be groomed. Most of them were open, including the new one called Dreamweaver and the diamond lead-in to it, Nightmare something. That was probably one of my favorite trails of the night.

We skiied a lot on Dreamweaver and the diamonds that are on the same side before doing a few on the other side of the mountain and then taking a break to get some food.

We came back to the far side after having our sandwiches and I got my scarf from the car. It really helped. Wearing jeans wasn't really a problem at all but my face was cold before that.

We did quite a few runs and stayed until everything was closing around ten. It was a lot of fun and a successful ski trip.

The drive home didn't seem too long. We stopped for bagels at Dunkin' Donuts and I got a white hot chocolate. That's good stuff.

No comments: