Thursday, December 17, 2009

Dec 17, 2009

I got up and procrastinated for a bit before sitting down and writing my philosophy paper. Once I got started it didn't take me very long at all to write it. After it was it was finished and sent in I went up to Rowan to hang out with Shannon for a little while. We had some hummus and beer while we caught up and I wrapped some presents.

I picked up Joanna a little later and we went to Philly to begin our unofficial Christmas celebration by ice skating but some spoiled kid had rented out the rink for a private party. Who does that?

We didn't want to waste the free parking so we went for a walk up to South Street and took some pictures. I talked about getting tea but we just walked up and back.

I took some shots on Second Street near the big tree. I like this one. Eventually I'll have enough shots again to actually make my book.

Before we left, we walked down to the bridge. It looked nice as usual and the tree shadows on the sidewalk were interesting as well. It was cold but I don't think I really noticed that much.

We headed back to Jersey and went to Olive Garden to use the rest of our gift cards that we won so long ago. We got portabella tortelloni that was really amazing. Another successful outing at the Olive Garden, complete with about eight breadsticks wrapped up to bring home.

When we got back, we exchanged gifts. I got her some books, candy and a disc golf bag with a new disc along with the ones she's been using. The face says it all.

She got me this guide book highlighting all the best places to visit across the country. I think we can get some use out of this one soon enough.

Finally, I got her the Rowan blanket that we've been trying to win all semester at various games and raffles.

After hanging out for a while more, I headed home so I could get up somewhat early the next day. It was a good almost-Christmas celebration even though that kid ruined our skating plans.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

=D yay! hahah it looks so bad that at that point, i only had that book to give you...

D.M. said...

hahah.. but it's the whooole US! that's pretty big... (twss)

Joanna said...

haha alright alright. and either way, i'll be finding you more stuff soon since i'll be able to shop without you.