Saturday, December 12, 2009

Dec 12, 2009

After sleeping through the morning, I went to the gym in the afternoon and ran for quite a while. I did some medicine ball exercises then weights and ab stuff in the other rooms. I just wanted to keep going, it felt like I hadn't been there in a while.

I went to where my car had been towed to so I could hand over the title and get my small payment for it and then I cleaned it out. I had a lot of stuff in this car. It took a while to clean out. There was a lot of change in the console too; unfortunately not enough to get a new car.

Arrivederci, Altima. I'll miss that car.. I really liked it. I've had it for a long time and been a lot of places with it. Hey, remember that time I lost my keys at Blue Mountain and had to get it towed from the ski resort to the dealership to get a key made for it? Hah.. good times.. so long, friend.

I picked up Chuck and Shannon shortly after the cleaning to go to Philly. We went to Yakitori Boy for some sushi and to avoid waiting in line at the Troc. We forgot about the mochi, so we got some of that for dessert before going back around the corner to the show.

We came as New Found Glory was starting their set. It was a little awkward seeing them perform acoustically but they pulled it off surprisingly well.

A lot of their songs worked acoustic and others were just for us to imagine that it was actually electric, loud music and there was a crowd of people moshing around us. Jordan said, "This isn't a New Found Glory show, it's An Evening with New Found Glory." And it was a good evening.

Chris Carrabba came out next to take us back to a time when Dashboard Confessional was just him, his guitar and the voices of every person in the room. It was just like one of his old shows before the band, everyone sang along and the crowd was part of the show.

He played a few newer songs but it was mostly old stuff the whole night. The guitarist from Dashboard was helping him out and played one of his original songs during the set as well.

It was exactly what I expected it to be and more, since I figured he would play more new songs but he ended up sticking to mostly old material. Good work, Chris. Also, you have Ken doll hair.

We went to Maoz and had a falafel and fries while enjoying the Christmas-y South Street view.

After I dropped off Shannon and Chuck, I headed home and did some work before going to sleep.

No comments: