Friday, December 18, 2009

Dec 18, 2009

We headed to Delaware in the morning to play a good amount of disc golf. After bagels with veggie cream cheese at DD we were ready to play Brandywine. There was no wind at all, which was great and unusual for that course.

We had some nice shots and never even lost a disc! Actually, I found one on the hole where I have lost at least three.

After Brandywine, we headed down to Lums Pond. We ran into a guy that we saw playing at the last course and he was by himself now so he joined us for our game. Hole three, which is sometimes surrounded by a puddle of water, looked like this. Half mud, half frozen lake. We made our shots anyway. The rest of the course was fine and I made some really good shots. I got one deuce and a three on hole sixteen which is par five.

We decided to stop at Iron Hill on the way back since it's right on the way to try out hole seventeen when it wasn't raining. Just getting really cold.

I wasn't really happy with my drive on it so I think I could have done much better. It seemed almost the same as when we played it in the rain.

We both scored 8, one less than last time, but Joanna was so close to a 7; her last shot hit the edge of the basket. We can call it a 7.5...

We headed back to Rowan and went to Shop Rite for food after hearing about the impending crazy snow storm. She did some last minute shopping while I waited in the car and then gave me this box of Christmas gifts. The Whoppers are really good... I went home to get some supplies, shower and cook the pierogies that we bought, then I came back.

I helped edit/thesaurusize her application for a Rowan position while we waited for it to start snowing. Eventually, the snow started falling and it didn't seem too bad.

The campus looked really nice in a light dusting of snow.

Once the application was finished it was time to get some sleep while the snow piled up.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

FUCK THAT, WE'LL CALL IT 7. shotty basket.
also, i love how you can tell that you already opened the whoppers from that picture haha
hahahahah thesaurusize. whatever. i'm sure i got that shit.

D.M. said...

Ok ok.. 7.. now we'll definitely have to go back there so I can at least match your score. AND yes, I could not wait to take a picture before eating some Whoppers.. too good. Speaking of too good, I'm sure you got it as well.

Joanna said...

you mean try to match it.
save me like five to try. i'm sure you're close enough to eating most of them by now.
=] yeah, i am too good for that. maybe they'll let me skip the interview. if not because of preconceived notions about me then at least because of that one-liner.