Friday, December 25, 2009

Dec 25, 2009

In the morning (or something close to morning) I went to my mom's house and hung out for a while. She gave me some money wrapped around a 16GB flash drive. That should hold everything I need for a while. I hung out and played Wii bowling with Larry for a bit and had something to eat with them. I went to my dad's next where I got a GPS--this is probably a good thing since I kinda need one but I would have a hard time buying one for myself. After hanging out for a while, I went to see my grandmom and got a gift card for Looking Glass. I'll be hitting it up for a burrito and a smoothie soon enough.

After the family stuff I went over to Ryan's where they had a family dinner that I was welcomed to. All of the food was really good, especially the casserole and veggie mix. After I was stuffed too full of real food to even think about dessert, we went to enjoy Ryan's new present.

He got a Wii for Christmas so we decided to play Blades of Steel, originally for NES. Look at those graphics. We played Mario Kart 64 next, originally for N64 of course. After those, we finally played a Wii game... New Super Mario Bros. That's right, we went old school for all of it. I love it.

After a few hours of video games, I went to Katie's, where her family was gathered as well. We go into teams of two and played Cranium Wow.

It was a lot of fun and there were some new challenges like using your opponent as a mannequin to act something out and spelling words backwards cooperatively with teammates. Apparently I'm really good at acting out muscular guys; I had to act out the Hulk and Mr. T. Katie got them both right away.

We didn't quite finish the game because we went to the late showing of Sherlock Holmes. We all packed into the theater just before pretty much every other seat filled up. The movie was really good, I'm happy to say. I would like to see it again. Really good acting.

After the movie we went back to the house but no one wanted to stay up and finish the game so we just hung out for a while watching tv before I went home.

No comments: