Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Dec 16, 2009

Once I got up I had to take care of a few things. I sold one of my Thursday tickets on eBay so I had to mail it and then I had to study for my Film final. I went to Rowan so Joanna could quiz me on my flash cards that I made last night. It was really the first time I went over them at all so I didn't know anything at first, but within the one hour we spent going through them I learned just about everything I wrote on them all.

The test itself was not as hard as I thought it would be on the grid where I had to fill in the blanks of either the film, date, genre, director or stars. The flash card studying really helped on this part though. The rest of the final was short answer and essay questions about films, techniques and the studio system so even the ones I didn't know that much about I wrote a lot.

I went back to Westby after my final and helped out with Joanna's printmaking. By "helped," I mean I watched, making comments every now and again and then holding the edge of the paper when she was ready to print.

I was really interested in the process and I think I want to take printmaking next semester. I need some more studios anyway so maybe this one would fit into my schedule. This was the final product after a few prints and some painting/collage. I really like this design.

I went to Wawa at one point and got stuffing, mac and cheese and other junk. It was a hearty dinner. Alex and Josh were working in the Graphic Design room so I was in and out of there trying to work on my Philosophy paper but ending up taking a typing test (72 wpm!) and adding my voice to Alex's video project. This is the print for the wood carving piece that Joanna has been working on for a while now. I think it came out great, I'm gonna need a print of that.

We may or may not have gained access to the roof of Westby around 2am before going back to her room. It may or may not have been very cold and windy up there.

We hung out watching It's Always Sunny and How I Met Your Mother (I stand corrected) while working and/or planning to work on things. All of the print pieces had to be wrapped for the morning critique. I came home and tried to get to sleep without much luck.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

i'm pretty sure we did not watch cartoons that night haha the d.e.n.n.i.s. system and himym i believe?

D.M. said...

that is true. you can be my editor sometimes as well!

Joanna said...

awesome! some things i have a better memory for.