Sunday, October 4, 2009

Oct 4, 2009

It was a beautiful day for some tennis so Ryan and I played a game in the morning. I didn't win but I felt like I played better and we had fun. I need to look into lessons like a little rich girl.

In the afternoon, Katie and I drove up to Newark Penn Station to go to Manhattan. We had to wait for a while for the next train so we got some food. I got more pizza than I really wanted to eat and she got some kind of potato thing. Then we went to our platform past the police trying to calm an irate man in very colorful clothing.

We got to NY Penn and walked around the block to the other side of the building and were directed to a secret back door entrance for pit ticket holders. We navigated the maze of Madison Square Garden and found our way to the floor area right in front of the stage. It was a really small area. After a short wait, Fall Out Boy came out opening with "Sugar.."

They played a great set of old and new songs. The new stuff works really well in the set. This is a picture of Pete with his hair...

Right before their last song, Pete said that he told Mark Hoppus that he would do anything to be on the Blink tour, including shaving his head. Right as he said it, they brought out a chair and Mark came out with a razor and shaved his head while the band played "Saturday." He called it "death of the emo haircut."

He finished his haircut in time to get into the crowd for the very end of the song and say that it was their last show for a really long time. I'm glad I got to see it.

Katie and I waited somewhat patiently between sets, while Katie worried about how crazy the crowd would get during Blink.

Blink came out as energetic as always and played through a very similar set to the rest of the shows I had seen them.

Travis got to do his drum solo flying above the crowd again and it was great. Everyone goes crazy for this part.

Closing with "Dammit," of course, confetti exploded from the stage and they said goodbye to New York and the main part of their first tour back. Another awesome show! Until next time!

We caught a train as soon as we got to Penn Station and made it back quickly. The drive wasn't bad besides the bad driver in the parking lot in Newark. I got home relatively early so I could get some sleep before work.

No comments: