Friday, October 16, 2009

Oct 16, 2009

Once again at Lakeside in the morning as an English teacher. It really is like a steady job working there. I know a lot of the kids and the staff so it's sort of like having a normal job where you get to know people instead of just filling in for someone else. Except I don't have to do it if I don't want to.

Later, I got smoothies at the Looking Glass and headed to Katie's. I stopped for gas on the way and my battery died at the pump. I had to push it off the fuel court because I couldn't jump it there according to the overly friendly fuel attendant. I went inside and asked three people until someone agreed to help me.

Once my car was running again I got Katie and we ended up going to the Oar House and hanging there with Carolyn for a little while. The music in the bar was too loud so we went to the dining area and someone decided to put some music on the jukebox to contest the still loud music coming through the door from the bar. It got to be a little too much and, after a round beers and an order of buffalo cheese sticks, we left.

We went to Jimmy's to play cards for a while. We played a game of Palace before deciding to play Rummy. I managed to keep winning until I had pulled ahead and won the game. I don't usually ever win when we play Rummy. It was fun.

We all got tired pretty early so we called it a night around midnight and headed home to sleep.

No comments: